About Me

My photo
New mommy *finally* getting to that stage in pregnancy where I don't have to explain that I haven't just "let myself go," making good use of her intellect, sense of humor, and creativity. Look out world, here I come!

Monday, August 14, 2006

Manifesto: White Wedding: Death Approaches

...and with it, comes the school year. Brief show of hands: who still has tons to do in preparation for school this fall? ... Yes, that's what I thought. But this school year may bring what it has never brought before: a car. Won't that be exciting? Now, I'm not saying I can actually afford to use a car, gas prices and Middle Eastern conflicts being what they are; but at least I have the option open to me this time. All the same, I still have to get my registration, orientation, and living places completely arranged in the next couple of weeks.

With all of this planning going on, wedding plans are progressing steadily as well. We've got the dress, we're working on reception halls and catering, and still have to figure out when we'll have the time to take all the classes required for marriage prep. We'll see how it goes- at least our sponsor couple (The Cousino's) are way awesome.

In unrelated news, the dictators and I have managed to gather all of us together before everybody goes their separate ways. This, as you may expect, resulted in none too few raised voices, fists of anger, and all-around crimes against humanity. But it also resulted in something that none would suspect: a rough draft of our dictatorial constitution, complete with mission statement and several amendments. I think, given our status as high-ranking officials with anti-cultural bents, we should relabel the constitution The Manifesto. A final draft will be available soon, most likely as a warning to all those who cross our path. Also, we bid a warm welcome to Natalie and Joe, who have joined us as Rasputin and either Genghis Khan or Mao Tse Tung. We haven't quite decided yet.

Anyway, my computer does not have the wherewithal to put up with me searching for links for this post, which I promise will improve with the school year. I hope. If not, I will find a white flag of surrender and offer myself up as defeated by dial-up.

-Melissa "A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking" VandeVoorde

3 comments:

Brigid said...

You better believe it. Unfortunately, I left our mission statement/constitution/manifesto (we will talk about that)... in a crumpled ball on the table at Cafe Felix.

my bad?

Mel said...

no, don't worry Brigid. I rescued it from certain oblivion so now it's sitting in a crumpled ball in my room somewhere.

: )

Brigid said...

ah, I did not know this!!! woo hoo!