About Me

My photo
New mommy *finally* getting to that stage in pregnancy where I don't have to explain that I haven't just "let myself go," making good use of her intellect, sense of humor, and creativity. Look out world, here I come!

Thursday, June 29, 2006

So... how's your summer been?

This summer... not exactly my favorite thus far. As I'm sure most of you know, jobs are somewhat scarce. Speaking of, Brigid- we need to write me a resume. So due to economic stresses, I've been working for Justin's friend Jimmy, cleaning the State Theater downtown. Cleaning isn't a bad job, and I'm generally of the opinion that even menial jobs are a service to someone and therefore worthwhile. However, having been doing cleaning jobs consistently ever since I've started working over the past few years, I have to say that I really need to find another area of expertise. Janitorial does not really look impressive on a resume for somebody interested in a teaching position; it doesn't provide me with a mental challenge on a day-to-day basis; and really, it won't provide me with enough of an income to provide me with financial stability. So I guess what I'm saying is- I need another job. Any ideas?

Other than that, things have been going fairly normally. I've got a few projects I'm working on, like a book I'm slowly but surely writing, some artwork for Socceresque, the perpetual room-cleaning, looking into my senior Thesis, and of course wedding plans. So I'm managing to keep pretty busy, even with work only going on twice a week.

The wedding is set for June 16, 2007 at Christ the King in Ann Arbor. Feel free to come, although Justin and I hope you understand that we'd love everybody's company at the ceremony and reception, but we can't afford to feed anybody. I think our rule is going to be "drop in for some dancing and good company, but don't expect to get food or a seat at a table if you didn't RSVP." We also just started our marriage prep meetings with our sponsor couple, and the other classes are in the works. We'll keep you updated.

Also- Justin and I just got a cell phone plan together- so I'm actually accessible now. Weee. Although I must say I'm not much of a phone person anyway, so don't expect too many changes in that regard. :-) But call me if you want to make any plans.

Hope this satisfies the need for an update, and keep in touch everybody!

3 comments:

Thomas said...

First of all the lego bride and groom should be at the wedding somewhere...I'm not going to suggest the tip of the cake. But otherwise I know the feeling of finacle woos [sp?]. But anywho, life goes on and God is in control.

BZ said...

what's up with jobs? you guys should come to philly (see www.havliahs.blogspot.com), there are plenty of jobs here-- in fact, this summer I'm working two jobs (60hrs a week) and had to turn down two jobs (only slightly lesser paying and hours) at the beginning of the summer. If only there were someone I could foist them onto!

Louise said...

Mel! sdhfjlse'rief