About Me

My photo
New mommy *finally* getting to that stage in pregnancy where I don't have to explain that I haven't just "let myself go," making good use of her intellect, sense of humor, and creativity. Look out world, here I come!

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

"Sneer Quotes"

So in this lovely little college where I'm taking nothing but theology classes- I've learned probably... a few things... in class over the last week or so. Like, for instance, how Tertullian easily slipped into a heretical sect in his later career, and eventually got SO good at it, that he split off into his very own sect of Tertullianism.

Would that I could have such lofty goals.

But the recurring theme in my classes (probably a result of having Dr. VanSlyke for 3 of my classes) is the proper care and feeding of Sneer Quotes. No seriously. He talked about it in all three classes. Whatev.

Anyway, most exciting thing in the last week? March For Life. We got free T-shirts. And lobbied at our senators. Oh, and there's that whole standing up for the dignity of human life thing. : )

Gotta get crack-a-lackin on my homework (writing assignment on the Apostolic Tradition due tomorrow morning. woo!) so I'm off for now.

Thanks to Justin for the use of his laptop in this endeavor.

1 comment:

Black Mona said...

gotta love the "sneer quotes"...are those just sneering remarks in quote form, or anything said in a sneering voice? sometimes i wonder....;-)