About Me

My photo
New mommy *finally* getting to that stage in pregnancy where I don't have to explain that I haven't just "let myself go," making good use of her intellect, sense of humor, and creativity. Look out world, here I come!

Friday, November 18, 2005

Cabin Fever, Fear of Change, and Professorial Nutjobs

It has recently come to my attention (through strict observation) that a strange phenomena at Ave Maria College results in the following equation:

given that 1 day<>
and that average student income < $500/month

(small populus)/(limited campus area) + (psychotic authority figures + large amounts of homework) - (steady drug supply + extracurricular activities) + (-food) = neurotic tendencies and eventual nervous breakdown

Thank you, Corwin, for providing such endless entertainment this week with Project: Daybringer
. Methinks we all need something beyond classes and transfer applications to worry about in our times of high stress. Distractions, I've found, are somewhat necessary. And for all of you who depend upon late-night dining for study-time maintenance, I recommend you look into your local Coney Island.

Kel: sorry I neglected you in my previous post. my only possible way of making it up to you at this point is by increasing traffic on your
xanga. Oh, and maybe inviting you all to a dance this saturday??

Everyone else: yeah, I know you were looking forward to a better post the other day, but my only defense is that I was way behind on my paper and blogger hates me too much to allow me to post pictures for some reason. not my fault.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why thank you my dear. But it appears that this Saturday is the UofM OSU game, and then in the evening I will probably be studying for my two exams on monday and writing that pesky lab report that is due monday. Ahhh! Stupid school! Hope you have a good time though!

Brigid said...

Melissa,

I feel inordinately out of touch with you... e-mail!
-Brigid