About Me

My photo
New mommy *finally* getting to that stage in pregnancy where I don't have to explain that I haven't just "let myself go," making good use of her intellect, sense of humor, and creativity. Look out world, here I come!

Monday, November 28, 2005

Consider It a Lesson Well Learned...

I think being at Ave (more than anything else) has taught me that some people like to shove a stick up their ass to make up for the spine they don't have. To be perfectly honest, I do love it here, and I hold the education I've received as invaluable; I frankly am not even particularly misanthropic where the college is concerned right now. (Although I will be the first to admit a certain degree of ambivalence at times). But it has recently come to my attention that two of the problems here most worthy of reprimand are [1] that certain members of the community have difficulty relating to others in an appropriate manner, respecting the gift of the human person and remaining charitably considerate of this relationship, and [2] that many of the students (although not necessarily through any fault of their own) severely lack the confidence to see the truth for themselves and stand up for it in the face of opposition.

As a great and worthy philosopher once said, "Cowboy up and grow some balls."

That being said, I'm discouragingly busy this week, with a massive number of pages to write (and even research before the writing can begin). It is this time of year which frequently begs the question, "Can I be done yet?"

Which I suppose does little except motivate me to procrastinate by pursuing happiness for myself and others until I have no other choice but to finish the assignment and pray that by the time I have to turn it in, I've at least been writing in a consistent language the entire time. If we're lucky, I'll be able to to this by the end of the week.

3 comments:

Brigid said...

Listen writtle wramb... you have some beautiful earrings and bracelets coming to you care of
budapest, so... maybe that's a writtle consolation for this stressful time??

You are in my prayers... and "git er done!"... in regards to papers... you will blow them out of the water, for sure!... :) and we will hang out muchos gratias when I get back!
-Kalish

Mel said...

aww, thanks a mil, BwiggyBear! i could use a fellow dictator in the computer lab once in a while to aid me in these allnighters. we'll have to do one during break, and sleep most of the next day just to make up for it.

Angelie said...

John Wayne IS the Man!!
Sadly, there were a lot of examples even last year of people who let themselves get walked on...and thus exacerbated the situation. To quote Megen Z- "College is so depressing; I just wanna sue and leave."