About Me

My photo
New mommy *finally* getting to that stage in pregnancy where I don't have to explain that I haven't just "let myself go," making good use of her intellect, sense of humor, and creativity. Look out world, here I come!

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Thank God my parents got cable.

Ok, seriously, if it weren't for the fact that my parents got cable, I would probably be going insane right about now. It appears to me that other than the mundane activity of watching dumbed-down television, I've got nothing but stressful, must-be-done-NOW stuff to do. Like get my application stuff ready for Austria, despite the fact that I probably won't be able to go... I've got to meet seriously with Torie for a while to get all this stuff figured out, and all the... "What If" situations covered. Like, what if I don't find out I can go in time to send out my VISA application form? Can I just sneak into the country? Maybe apply for a shorter term immediate VISA when I get there, and wait until my long term one arrives? When am I supposed to come back to the US? I can't get my VISA without telling them when I want to leave and giving them proof of my plane tickets. Ironically, proof of financial stability is at the moment the least of my worries. That's gotta be a first.

On the plus side, World Youth Day plans are coming into order- The Hobbit and I plan on visiting Dachau, the World Famous HoffBrauHaus, if I can convince them that it's not too expensive, Neuschwanstein, and otherwise get my friend Hanna to show us around. Oh, and actual World Youth Day will be happening too. Should be cool.

Having a reminescing night- randomly came across a collection of inside jokes from highschool while rummaging through the mounds of junk in my bedroom (hence the latest and greatest tagline- which is apparently changing about as frequently as my xanga taglines, if not more). I'd post all of the infamous one-liners, but I'm afraid they would leave you all as nothing but dazed and confused. Ask me again sometime.

In the meantime, I hear my mother dearest beckoning me to teach her how to use her new cellphone... I love being the only electronically and technologically competent person in the house. :-P

--
Mel

1 comment:

Brigid said...

It's o.k. Adolf!! Things will work out super fine regardless of what happens! Surrender to God's will and only good things can happen!! :) :)

I'll pray for you so you get what's best for you!
-Kalish