About Me

My photo
New mommy *finally* getting to that stage in pregnancy where I don't have to explain that I haven't just "let myself go," making good use of her intellect, sense of humor, and creativity. Look out world, here I come!

Monday, August 01, 2005

What the Hell is going on here???

Well, for those of you who haven't been keeping up on these things (meaning everybody but Brigid) I'm trying to get my arse in gear to study in Austria this fall. I just got an e-mail back from Torie Zmuda (She-Who-Is-In-Charge-Of-This-Kind-Of-Thing) saying, in so many words, definitely not, maybe. Basically, she pointed out that there's alot to the application process and there's a waiting list, and apologized for not being able to say yes. My sources claim that there is no more waiting list, however, and the application process be damned, I can totally pull this off if they let me. So not that I really expected to be able to go, I'm not a complete lunatic. But if they'll change their minds I need to know ASAP so I can get my crap ready to go, or else it'll be too late to even try.

How frustrating..

In any case, had a blast this weekend (despite lack of internet and phone service) hanging out w/ Bwiggy Bear while ..*cough*.. house sitting. Free cable and swimming? and Cherry Coke? and her brother fetching things for us? What's not to love?
Also spent some time with the fam this weekend (unavoidable because of the phone thing) but it was cool, played with the nephews, goofed off with my brother in law, stuff like that. Good times.

I love using company time for my own purposes, but I should probably get something done today or Marita will once again suspect my slacking. Poo.

1 comment:

Brigid said...

YEA BWIGGY BEAR!!