About Me

My photo
New mommy *finally* getting to that stage in pregnancy where I don't have to explain that I haven't just "let myself go," making good use of her intellect, sense of humor, and creativity. Look out world, here I come!

Monday, October 10, 2005

Consider It a Hostile Takeover...

So you may or may not have noticed, the previous post was not in fact made by yours truly, but by another who happened to have access to this blog. Any claims made therein are not to be held as legally binding, nor do they necessarily reflect the opinions of this blogger or any of it's associates. Except, apparently, for one.

Anyway, I'm looking into mental health clinics in the area... there are surprisingly few good options, although this is coming from someone who's 3 aunts are trained nurses and are very familiar with modern health standards. Don't worry, if I go crazy, I'll make sure they lock me away in a place that has decent internet access.

Kalish, it was so awesome talking to you the other day; I'm sorry I had to cut our conversation short for drama practice. Let's keep in touch more regularly ok? I know we're all busy and you're in a place decidedly more exciting than Ypsilanti, but this pain inside me cuts like a knife. And let me tell you, that knife does not have a Double-D edge. Did I tell you my plan for my birthday? I'm totally making my mom get a banner that says "Happy Birthday Brigid and Melissa!" and I'm inviting most of Ave and your family to come. If I'm lucky, I can find a hideous picture of the two of us and blow it up... or maybe even get a cardboard cutout of you and set it up at the party. And this is why I shouldn't plan these kinds of things when I'm totally cracked out. Anyway, moral of the story: Keep In Touch(e?)!

Whoa... there are sounds of shrieking demons down the hall, I think I should go investigate...

Oh ok, it's just Thea and her cousin... I could have sworn it was a minotaur or something. And yes, I have been spending too much time with Dante.

Anyway, too much to do, not enough time to do it in... This, unfortunately, leads me to something which I have wanted to avoid. The All-Nighter. Now, granted, there are those who might point out, "Mel, you've already pulled several all-nighters this semester alone." But I say in reply (if this isn't Begging the Question, I don't know what is...) "Those were NOT in fact, School-Related." In any case, I have 5 classes to read for, lines to memorize, several papers to start working on, midterms coming up, and a Dante test due preferably tomorrow. So I'm fully justified in staying up all night for this one, just so I don't fall incredibly behind and end up wondering when we were assigned that paper for Ecclesiology that I never knew about two days after it's due.

And I still want baked goods.

5 comments:

Meghan said...

muffins or donuts?

J said...

I'll school related your mom.

J said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
J said...

Captain baketastic has been mobilized and will report at 6:00ish tonight.
Oh yah, Hostile Takeover my bum! How about "Hay Justin, I'm too tired to go to the computer and post so why don't you type what I say, but oh wait a minute, Equilibrium is on I need to watch that. Ahh! attention span is at .06 and getting worse. Oh look something sparkling. Snore.” Yah, I think that would be a better name for this post.

Mel said...

it's not that i'm easily distracted, it's just that i...
HEY!! SPONGECAKE!!!!