About Me

My photo
New mommy *finally* getting to that stage in pregnancy where I don't have to explain that I haven't just "let myself go," making good use of her intellect, sense of humor, and creativity. Look out world, here I come!

Friday, October 28, 2005

Talk About Jumping On the Bandwagon After the Wheels Fell Off...

Hmm. Tonight has been the first night in a while that I feel more like myself again. It's an obscure sort of feeling- but I've definitely been a little off for the last couple weeks. It's also rather unfortunate- it's taken me sleeping through most of the day and avoiding my classes in order to get back up to par. I guess this fall break is going to be a much-needed vacation. Too bad everybody else around here is either too busy or too tired to celebrate the finding of my long-lost Mel-ness with me. I'll have to find some headphones and some Mountain Dew and stay up most of the night playing Free Cell in the computer lab- that would be fairly reminescent of how I spend most of my time on a normal day. And clearly, I use the term "normal" very loosely.

Anyway, apparently I failed to mention the Co-dictator's latent coolness in my last post, which was made manifest last weekend by Meghan and I parking in an intersection at a red light, cranking music, and dancing next to the car, much to the enjoyment of the 5 or so cars full of guys behind us. In the words of one J. Enfield, "Shake what your mummy gave you." (I say in response: That is one of the worst things I've ever heard.) Also fun last weekend: turning what should have been an early night into a 2 1/2 hour photo shoot while playing dress up. This Tuesday night was fun as well, Meg and I stayed up until like 5 looking at photos and putting them in a book. I live for this kind of creativity.

6 comments:

J said...

Hey this is a great blog you have. The things you say are so true. I’ll add it to my book mark list.
For only 9 installments of $9.99 you too can make Justin some ribs.

Yo Mel. I was just trying to fit in with your other comments. But yah, ribs for Justin I doubt would coast $89.91. So I would seriously consider investing into something like that.

J said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

dude, where are you? You were sposed to meet me outside of gabriel 18 mins ago.

Meghan said...

Indeed, indeed, continue on with the return of the Mel. And stop coughing, woman!

Brigid said...

what the crap.

why havent you blogged recently??
-Brigid

Where there is gold... said...

Mel! I have fun la la stuff for you to do. Go to my blog and read my last one then go to Kates blog and read hers then go to Weezies blog and read hers, she hasn't written it yet, maybe she hasn't gotten to it yet or maybe she doesn't know it exists... I dunno I don't have a brain he hehe Angel is waiting to do it after you and then Justin can do it after Angel does it. ok? Ha ha ha you don't know what I am talking about! Splendaliscious Love you babe, havilah